Posted: March 24th, 2022
This is a research project called a country report. It is based on the country of SPAIN.
ALL SOURCES MUST BE ACADEMIC SOURCES
However, I do not have any to provide.
Suggestions for websites: oecd.org
(YOU DON’T HAVE TO WRITE THE QUESTIONS)
– JUST ANSWER ON THE SAME ORDER.
Here instructions, please focus on answering as detailed as possible.
1. Diplomatic and Military Intervention: Have other countries intervened diplomatically or by force in your country as a result of an investment dispute? Has your country intervened in other countries on behalf of their foreign investors? What has been your country’s position regarding an international minimum standard of treatment of investors and diplomatic protection? What has been your country’s position regarding the Calvo Doctrine/Clause? Does your country have Calvo-style constitutional and/or legislative provisions? Has it in the past?
2. Historical FDI in-flows and out-flows by country and sector: What countries have historically provided FDI fto your country? To what countries does your country’s firms send their FDI? Has your country been primarily an exporter or importer of FDI? Does data exist regarding these inflows and outflows? How good is the data? How far back in time does the data go?
3. Bilateral Investment Treaties: Has your country entered into any bilateral investment treaties? If so, when and with which countries? Does your country have a Model BIT? What guarantees do your country’s BITs provide to foreign investors? Are your country’s BITs still in effect?
4. Other International Investment Treaties: Has your country entered into any other agreements with international investment implications (i.e. free-trade agreement, regional integration, etc.)? What guarantees do these agreements provide to foreign investors? Are these agreements still in effect?
5. ICSID membership: Is your country a member of ICSID? If so, when did it become a member of ICSID? If not, has your country ever been a member of ICSID?
6. Investment disputes: What international investment arbitrations has your country been party to? What was the situation? What was your country’s position? What was the outcome?
7. EXPLANATION: How do you explain your country’s position regarding international investment law (i.e. the answers to questions 1-6)? What role have internal factors such as influence of NGOs, local economic interest groups, political and legal culture, population size and characteristics, geographic location, level of development, foreign policy and/or grand strategy, and political leadership (among other factors) played in shaping your country’s engagement with international investment law? What external factors in the international system such as influence of international NGOs, globalization, international system polarity, wars, global recessions, and relationships with great powers (among other factors) have shaped your country’s engagement with international investment law?
8. ASSESSMENT: How has your country’s position regarding international investment law affected its internal political, legal, and economic development? How has its position regarding international investment law affected its strategic position in the international system? If you were a policymaker in your country, in what ways would you change your country’s position regarding international investment law? Why?
**Grading will be determined by clarity in organization, clarity in writing, accuracy and completeness of the information provided, and quality of analysis.**
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.