Posted: April 7th, 2022
Philosophy, History and Trends (6- 8 pages)
1. Describe the philosophy, history, and trends (to include integrated care, focus areas/needs for counseling, distance counseling) of the counseling profession with specific emphasis on clinical mental health counseling (F.1.a).
2. Examine the current labor market information relevant to opportunities for practice within the counseling profession (F.1.h). What is the job outlook? What types of mental health clinicians are increasing in need? What are the expected salaries?
Professional Identity (2-3 pages)
1. Discuss differences between mental health professionals and what made you choose clinical mental health counseling specifically (F.1.b)?
a. One thorough paragraph for each mental health professional (social worker, psychologist, psychiatrist, and LPC) – discuss differences with education, licenses, practice, values/approach/focus to working with clients, organizations associated with each profession, etc.
2. Identify different professional organizations (ACA and AMHC), including membership benefits, activities, and services to members (F.1.f)? How do you plan to incorporate professional organizations and training opportunities into your professional journey?
3. Review your state’s licensure requirements (to include the license title) and discuss these requirements. Will this program meet those requirements? If not explicitly what are your plans to meet your state’s requirements?
Population of Interest (1 page)
· What population do you feel is your professional interest and why?
· What population do you feel the least comfortable with and why? How will you respond if a client of this population comes to see you?
How has this paper impacted your professional journey and your understanding of the profession?
Source: Gladding S.T., & Newsome, D.W. (2018). Clinical Mental Health Counseling in Community and Agency Settings (5th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson. ISBN-13: 978-0-13-438555-6
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.