Posted: April 19th, 2022
Each student will select one case study and complete a case analysis. Each case analysis must include (1) a synopsis of the case, (2) environmental/ an internal resource analysis (questions are provided below each case to help guide students in the analysis; the paper should not list and answer the questions), and (3) a conclusion. Students are encouraged to utilize additional materials and resources relative to each case. This assignment must be between 5-8 pages.
Case Study 7: The Commodization of Starbucks (p. 564)
• How has Starbucks’ mission and enterprise strategy contributed to the company’s success? Is its approach to social responsibility viable during tough economic times?
• What are the greatest challenges in the broad environment that Starbucks is facing as the US market becomes saturated? Has the company cannibalized itself?
• How can Starbucks prevent its product from being commoditized? Is it too late?
• What strategies should Starbucks implement in light of new competitors such as McDonalds? Is McDonalds a real competitive threat?
• Was the decision to fire CEO Jim Donald wise? What are the pros and cons of changing senior managers?
• Has Starbuck’s lost its competitive advantage? How could Starbucks make its competitive advantage sustainable over time?
• What do you think of the company’s transformation agenda?
• In light of failing US performance, should Starbucks focus on international operations? Why or why not?
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.