Posted: April 19th, 2022
write a short opinion piece (1000 words) on either: how you think the covid 19 pandemic will impact china-africa relations OR what you think the shift in American Power (Biden) will mean for China-Africa relations.
Write it as an informed opinion piece and present your extended opinion.
Tips for writing an informed opinion piece:
– Base your article on current, timely, recent news stories. No one cares about an opinion on outdated news.
– Be concise. Be clear and to the point in your writing. Use a strong argument in both the introduction and last paragraph of the piece.
– Be specific. Write about only one specific issue at a time. Make sure that the reader understands why your argument or opinion is of interest to them. An op-ed piece is not a forum for general broad hitting complaints.
– Use simple, everyday language. The general readership has to understand your writing without experiencing doubt about what the subject or your opinion is.
– Give suggestions of possible solutions or recommendations to the situation.
– Keep your punctuation simple. Exclamation points have no place in an op-ed piece.
– Provide facts, base your opinion on well-documented facts, research, statistics and examples. There is no room for personal emotions in the piece.
– A good op-ed piece opens with a strong opinion and ends with a hard-hitting summary or final thought-provoking point.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.